Bridget and I were bored one evening, so we wrote an Amazon review (Scroll down to read the review) for something Bridget came across.
Here's a link to a backup of the page in case the review/item gets deleted :-)
Jenny sent around a screenshot of the Maori Facebook (HIGHLY culturally insensitive):
Bridget sends in these amazingly simple home remedies:
1. If you're choking on an ice cube simply pour a cup of boiling
water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly
2. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold while you chop.
3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.
4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you'll be afraid to cough.
7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
8. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
9. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Karen sends in this SHOCKING news article (serious, this isn't made up):
guilty on cannabis charge
NZPA | Tuesday, 22 January 2008
Wellington's well-known street person, Bernett Hana, known as Blanket Man, pleaded guilty to possession of cannabis when he appeared in Wellington District Court today.
At 7pm on Friday Hana was arrested on Courtenay Place in central Wellington for possession of five tinned foil bullets containing cannabis leaves.
He pleaded guilty to the charge and was remanded on bail to be sentenced when he reappeared on February 12 to face other cannabis charges.
Hana appeared in the dock wrapped in his trademark blanket.
DRUGS CHARGE: Bernett Hana, aka Blanket Man, has been charged for possession of cannabis.
Looks like ANYONE is capable of carrying cannabis in NZ these days.
Although Karin said, she'd be more surprised to find out that he WASN'T carrying cannabis...
Crazy sent me this joke, it's pretty classic:
A young man called Ron wanted to buy a Birthday present for his new girlfriend. They hadn't been seeing each other for very long and she lived a considerable distance away. He consulted with his sister and decided after careful consideration, that a pair of good quality gloves would strike the right note, not too romantic and not too personal. Off he went with his sister to Harrods ladies dept and they selected a dainty pair of fur lined quality leather gloves.
His sister bought a pair of knickers for herself at the same time. Harrods had a free gift wrap offer but the assistant mixed up the two items, the sister got the gloves and Ron got the knickers.
Good old Ron sent off his gift wrapped present in a parcel with the following letter:
I chose these because I've noticed that you are not wearing any when we go out in the evenings. If it had not been for my sister I would have chosen the long ones with buttons, but she wears shorter ones (which are easier to remove) These are a very delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and they were hardly soiled at all.
I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart in them even though were a little bit tight on her. She also said that they rub against her ring which helps keep it clean. In fact she hasn't needed to clean it since she began wearing them. I wish I was there to put them on for you the first time, as no doubt many other hands will touch them before I have a chance to see you again ..
When you take them off remember to blow into them a little bit
because they will be naturally a little damp from wearing.
Just imagine how many times my lips will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you will wear them for me on our next date.
All my love
P.S. My mum tells me that the latest style is to wear them folded down with a little bit of fur showing
Bridget sent around this drawing:
She didn't say who drew it... ;-)
Andrew sent me a couple of links to vids.
One to Magic Finger, which cracked me up.
A classic Billy T sketch. Brilliant!